Tokyo Day 5 & 6: Asakusa, Korean dinner and our last day in Japan

This is the last post about our Japan trip from autumn 2014. We spent the last day by first visiting the Sensoji temple in Asakusa. Something that I've wanted to do for a long time!


There were much more people here, compared to Meijijingu, but there were a lot of shops here, and more things to see and do. 


There was a lot of street food! We walked past this ice cream shop pretty early in the morning, and I wanted to go back later, but forgot. I totally regret it :(


There was also traditional Japanese street food like mitarashi dango. I have never tasted it, so I can not tell you if it was good or not. But I think it must be :)


It was a very interesting place to visit, and I really recommend it! But this was probably the longest we had to travel by train on our trip. It took more than 30 minutes from Shibuya (if I remember correctly). 


It was all worth it though! The temple is really gorgeous!


This was pretty interesting! I think it's supposed to be some kind of cleansing ritual before you enter the temple, like at Meijijingu, where you rinse your hands and mouth with water. 


Decided to try the fortune telling. You pay 100 yen, and then you shake a box full with sticks. After a while a stick with a number on comes out, and you take a fortune from the drawer with that number on. And I got a bad fortune D': Luckily, nothing really bad has happened to me yet :)



If any of you are interested, or you are visiting Tokyo soon, you should check out this link. It has info about the temple and a map of the temple grounds. We didn't even see everything !


Happy me! 


And I had to take a picture of this because of the Ojipan cotton candy :D


There were also some street performers playing music.


And saw this cutie! Adoooorable!


Asakusa is quite different from the other places I've visited in Tokyo. It's a mix of old and new architecture, and they both have the temple, but also crazy cool buildings like these.
We had lunch in Asakusa too, but don't have any pictures of that! xD


In the evening we went to Shibuya for some shopping and dinner. We found a Korean restaurant and decided to try it out. Never had any Korean food before, besides Korean BBQ, which we had in Hong Kong a few years back. So it was interesting! The noodle dish here was the best of the lot, but in the end it became almost too sweet for my taste. 


We also had some side dishes, and this was one of them. I wasn't a big fan of this to be honest. :/ So Korean food will have to amaze me some other time!


The day after that we had to leave T-T So we took the train back to Narita airport.



We had a short layover in Moscow, really tired and exhausted.



And last pictures are airplane food! The beef dish was okay, but the pasta on the bottom was NOT! :'D 

So that was it for my blog posts about our Japan trip in fall 2014. Next up will be posts about our New York trip in January! Will try and get most of them out of the way before we leave for Bangkok and Beihai in August. 

See you in the next one! :)

Kommentarer

Populære opslag